Electro Mechanical Technician, Portsmouth NH
Full-time, 1st Shift
Assembles a variety of electrical harnesses, cables, fiber optic and poly tubing assemblies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
– Reads instructions such as work orders, assembly drawings, or schematics and wire run lists to determine materials needed and sequence of assembly.
– May also be required to work from models or oral instructions.
– Inventory material kits with provided bill of material and in some cases cross reference manufactures, customer and internal part numbers to ensure correct components are in place.
– Obtains tools, materials, and components as required and arranges work station for most efficient operation.
– Arranges wire or tubing as shown on prints and wire run lists or according to harness boards, cuts wire or tubing to correct length, wrap and tie wires or tubes into specific bundles per company standard.
– Use of soldering irons and soldering experience is essential.
– Use of hand tools such as tape measures, scales, files, wire strippers and cutters, screw drivers, crimping tools, insertion and extraction tools and hand saws will be required.
– May also be required to operate more complex machines such as soldering irons, heat guns, automated wire strippers, hand drills, drill presses, and grinders to comply with vendor engineering change orders or prototypes
High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos.