Maintenance – Mechanical
3rd and 4th Shifts
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Perform highly diversified duties requiring considerable judgment to plan and perform all phases of installation, maintenance and repair on industrial, mechanical and electrical equipment. Coordinate with Electricians to accomplish various projects.
• Understand and be able to maintain and repair all plant equipment, buildings and services, production machinery, and use pertinent test equipment to test any equipment operation; initiate tests and testing procedures as necessary.
• Use ordinary machine tools and precision measuring instruments as required.
• Provide expertise in all aspects of piping, welding, power drives, gearing, machinery fabrication and care. Perform complete maintenance functions on complex mechanical machinery such as refrigeration units and control systems, air compressors, etc.
• Maintain working knowledge of plant electrical and control systems, perform ordinary electrical work; make calculations relative to mechanical and electrical work necessary to size various to size various systems and components.
• Maintain plant fire protection equipment, maintain records; carry our plant emergency procedures, comply with and enforce safety regulations.
• Perform all phases of maintenance using an expert general knowledge of related crafts and trades along with an intimate familiarity with plant equipment, machinery and facilities.
• Be available and willing to cope with off-hour plant emergencies and to work overtime as necessary. Maintain stock of all mechanical materials; make cost comparisons with outside vendors.
• Follow prescribed safety regulations; understand and be able to carry out National Electric Code, OSHA regulations and insurance recommendations. Maintain work areas and equipment in a safe and clean condition.
• Act as Hazmat Responder.
SECONDARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Must comply with all applicable safety requirements, policies and procedures, while maintaining a clean, safe, and orderly work environment.
• Must participate in required training, medical monitoring, safety, and health evaluations and programs.
• Must wear required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in all designated areas of facility.
• *Perform all physical functions of position; standing, stooping, bending, sitting, walking, twisting, kneeling, turning and lifting of materials up to 35 lbs.
• Meet established attendance standards.
• Work overtime as needed.
• Must report any work-related injury or illness immediately to your direct supervisor.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
• High school diploma or GED preferred but not required.
• Use shop mathematics.
• Work from drawings, specifications, charts and tables.
• Use various types of precision measuring instruments.
• Apply specialized technical or trades knowledge equivalent to 1 to 3 years’ training.