POSITION SUMMARY: Provide prompt and accurate shipment of goods by utilizing proper shipping techniques and knowledge.
1. Job Motivation
4. Attention to Detail
1. Perform physical count of all items to be shipped, verifying count against work order.
2. Verify all packaging requirements prior to preparation of shipment.
3. Select correct packaging to prevent damage.
4. Reviews work order at time of transaction to ensure costing is correct.
5. Prepares all shipping documentation utilizing factory order to arrange for FedEx, truck shipment, UPS or international delivery of product.
6. Arranges for appropriate method of shipment as required by the customer to include; packing lists, bill of ladings, shipping labels, specialty labels, specialty handling identifiers, etc.
7. Able to properly prepare product for shipment, including wrapping, banding and weighing.
8. Utilize customer portals to manage shipping information and instructions when necessary.
9. Maintain Finished Goods inventory and verify accuracy by performing scheduled cycle counts.
10. Assist with necessary recycling functions, including, but not limited to the emptying of recycling bins and the wrapping, strapping and weighing of pallets.
11. Employee must be able to relate to other people beyond giving and receiving instruction. Can get along with co-workers or peers without exhibiting behavioral issues; perform work activities requiring negotiating, instructing, supervising, persuading or speaking with others; respond appropriately to criticism from a supervisor.
12. Proper handling of all material, parts and equipment to prevent damage and loss of finished product.
1. For quality and quantity of own work.
2. For good housekeeping and safe work ethics.
3. The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
1. EDUCATION: High School diploma or equivalent.
2. EXPERIENCE: 12+ months experience in a Shipping and/or Receiving role.
3. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Ability to read basic prints and possess basic math skills.
4. ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS: Strong interpersonal and organizational skills. Must display good written and verbal communication skills with our internal and external customers. Must possess a valid state driver’s license and EPTAM certified fork truck license. Must possess strong computer skills and be proficient in navigating customer websites, shipping software and manufacturing packages. Hold a good understanding of international shipping guidelines and regulations.