Position is responsible for providing manufacturing with the proper CNC programs as required to produce any customer order and furnish advanced troubleshooting support.
1. Analyze customer print to determine all requirements for proper program generation.
2. Use of considerable judgement to determine proper program parameters to best support customer requirements.
3. Provide technical support and suggestions to improve machining operations, processes and techniques to reduce costs and/or improve quality.
4. Generate program file, CNC programs and verify before issuance.
5. Update all programs and files as required by updates and/or edits.
6. Advise others with respect to technical questions associated with machining process and machining technique.
7. Accurate documentation of customer requirements as related to programs.
8. Ability to create detailed CAD drawings using available computer programs.
9. Able to determine tooling requirements and design custom tools when applicable.
Minimum Job Qualifications:
EDUCATION: Associates Degree in a technical curriculum or equivalent and/or
EXPERIENCE: 3 to 5 years’ experience machining and 3 to 5 years’ experience programming in a job shop environment.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS AND/OR REGISTRATIONS: Master’s in NC Programming preferred, but not required
OTHER MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Ability to interpret and explain complex drawings. Understanding of CNC machining processes, including set-up, operations and control language. A thorough knowledge of all programming and companion software, including DNC and post processors.