Machinist – C
1st and 2nd shifts Available
POSITION SUMMARY: Operate various pieces of equipment to meet production requirements. The information provided in this job description is based on cell specific criteria.
1. Job Motivation
4. Practical Learning
5. Attention to Detail
1. Work Standards
1. Use of some judgment to follow instructions with little or no choice to the procedures.
2. Make suggestions with regard to tooling, fixtures, etc. to increase efficiency and provide ideas to improve operations.
3. Load/feed machine as required to produce finished product.
4. Keep count of parts and maintain records.
5. Perform in-process inspection for dimensions of produced parts and maintain documentation as required.
6. Follow specifications and procedures for manufacturing, i.e., process sheets, work orders and any other special instructions.
7. Work on various types of equipment as assigned.
8. Proper handling of all material, parts and equipment to prevent damage and loss of finished product.
9. Employee must be able to relate to other people beyond giving and receiving instruction. Can get along with co-workers or peers without exhibiting behavioral issues; perform work activities requiring negotiating, instructing, supervising, persuading or speaking with others; respond appropriately to criticism from a supervisor.
1. Responsible for identifying quality problems in materials.
2. Properly utilize evacuation system to minimize exposure to hazards.
3. Provide accurate and complete turnover from shift to shift.
4. Good housekeeping and safe working habits.
5. The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
1. EDUCATION: High School diploma, equivalent or trade school graduate and/or minimum experience.
2. EXPERIENCE: 6 months experience in a manufacturing environment
3. OTHER MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Must possess good written and verbal communication skills with our internal and external customers. Basic knowledge of equipment. Basic ability to read prints and use simple measuring equipment. Basic math skills.