Maintenance Technician III-Electrical
The Foundry Maintenance Technician III – Electrical will conduct, maintain, test and repair electrical/electronic, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems and components. Apply knowledge of mechanical principles in determining equipment malfunctions and apply skills in restoring equipment to operation. Provide skilled mechanical and electrical/electronic support to all areas of Manufacturing.
- Troubleshoot and repair mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical/electronic equipment including but not limited to programmable controls, numeral controls, power supplies, drives, gages and test equipment.
- Install, starts up and shut down equipment in accordance with company safety procedures for machine activation and shutdown and in line with OSHA requirements.
- Advise operators and line mechanics of operation procedures and requirements for working safely with electrical/electronic and mechanical equipment and components.
- Inform appropriate management and maintenance mechanics of potential electrical/mechanical problems and inherent dangers involved.
- Maintain company-required performance and maintenance records for identified equipment.
- Perform preventive maintenance functions as directed.
- Assist maintenance personnel with technical troubleshooting.
- Assist and train other maintenance Technicians as required.
- Must demonstrate flexibility based on changing department requirements (overtime, shift coverage, etc.).
- Perform routine housekeeping to ensure area operates within parameters that conform to environmental and safety standards.
- Wear all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and abide by safety rules.
- Must report any job related injury and/or illness immediately to your direct supervisor.
- Must maintain attendance and punctuality standards as established by company.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Two-year technical degree or accredited apprenticeship program or the equivalent in a technical field.
- 3-5 years of proven experience in electrical/electronics, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic fields is required and the ability to demonstrate high proficiency in these areas.
- Experience and ability to work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Must be able to work well with all levels of personnel whether individually or in a team environment, and especially must be able to interface and communicate with line operators in order to assist with repairs and troubleshooting.
- High degree of precision working with minimum tolerances required.
- Must be highly safety conscious.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, talk, and/or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, sit, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds individually, and 80 pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include: close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work in manufacturing environment.