Occupational Health Professional
This position is responsible for leading three main program areas including Wellness, Ergonomics, and Workers Compensation. The position will be responsible to ensure that the Wellness of our employees is a top priority, return to work program, case management of work-related injuries.
- Implement Wellness programs that have risk factors in the community.
- Implement on-site clinics for flu, blood pressure, blood sugar, and others to emphasize employee wellness.
- Standardize pre-employment physicals.
- Evaluate workstation ergonomics and partner with Manufacturing Engineering and Continuous Improvement teams to develop corrective actions that eliminate or reduce ergonomic risk factors while maintaining a productive work environment.
- Be a member of the first responders team and be willing to provide immediate emergency care for employees.
- Accident investigations with the supervisors and employees.
- Return to Work program.
- Manage workers compensation and employee work restrictions.
- Promote a zero-injury culture in daily interactions with employees and stretching program.
- Serve as a member of the safety committee
- Provide first aid care for employees.
- Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Interact effectively at all levels within the organization.
- Direct experience in an industrial manufacturing environment is a plus.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Excellent follow through and time management skills.
- Knowledge of New Hampshire’s workers compensation program.
- Knowledge of Gensuite a plus.
Required Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Nursing, Physical Therapy, or other closely related occupational health science with a minimum of 7-10 years of related experience.
- Possess one or more of the following credentials – COHN, MSN, DNP, DPT, CPE, or CEAS