O&R Diagnostic Technician
Coordinates manufacturing processes in an industrial plant by performing the following duties: Responsible for working within the aftermarket engineering group. Will aid in the development of the repair processes, and ensure FAA, EASA, CAAC and customer compliances. Perform visual and dimensional checks on materials, assemblies, tube details, and components. Inspect and test components, parts, tube details, and assemblies to validate conformance to blueprints, engine manuals and instructions by customer, and to company operating procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Must be knowledgeable in the requirements of the various regulatory agencies with respect to repair and overhaul.
· Aids in evaluating and improving manufacturing methods as required.
· Confers with management, engineering, and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
· Applies statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing requirements and potential.
· Performs janitorial and cleaning duties to maintain clean and orderly equipment and shop.
· Have excellent typing and computer skills. Ability to stay on task.
· Consistently, regularly and dependably at work and on time.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
Interpersonal Skills – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
Cost Consciousness – Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Contributes to profits and revenue; Conserves organizational resources.
Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.