· Prepares payroll timely and accurately.
· Assist billing function by ensuring proper coding of time punches.
· Maintain accurate employee payroll records: compensation, deductions, bonuses, vacation payouts, etc.
· Ensure employee payroll processing complies with federal and state laws including tax calculations and filings.
· Reconcile payroll processing to subsystems and oversee transmission to general ledger.
· Stay informed of any changes that impact the processing of payroll and work with the HR department or any other applicable department to implement as appropriate.
· Analyze payroll issues and recommend and/or implement corrective actions.
· Associate degree.
· Three to five years’ experience in a high-volume payroll office.
· Experience with payroll systems and ability to quickly learn payroll software.
· Trustworthy with attention to confidentiality.
· Outstanding organizational ability with attention to detail.
· Strong communications skills are required to effectively communicate with employees.
· The ability to work independently and as part of a team is essential.
· Knowledge of Federal and State labor laws.