Schedules the required materials to support the forecast, as well as schedules and coordinates the manufacturing of orders to meet customer requirements.
INITIATIVE AND INGENUITY:
1. Use of some judgment to comply with instructions, prescribed routines, methods, or practices related to the daily production schedule.
2. Make suggestions with regard to scheduling to ensure maximum equipment/personnel utilization.
3. Provide suggestions to improve operations.
1. Review production schedule on a daily basis.
2. Receive and review forecast from sales.
3. Solicit material lead-times from procurement
4. Ensure adequate flow of work and assign job priorities with departmental supervisors and lead persons.
5. Establish and communicate build dates and ship dates.
6. Create and update work orders and communicates the changes.
7. Communicate order status and timing both internally and externally.
8. Work to ensure that orders ship on time to meet customers’ expectations.
9. Notify Purchasing and Receiving of any changes to ship dates.
10. Expedite critical jobs through manufacturing and the final inspection process.
11. Smooth hours in all production areas to ensure a realistic picture of workload in the primary and secondary manufacturing areas.
1. Expedite orders and schedule changes when required.
2. Interface with production supervisors, lead persons, QC, shipping, and other individuals as required.
3. Must be willing to work throughout production and perform all other related duties as required.
4. Proper handling of all material, parts and equipment to prevent damage and loss of finished product.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
Associates’ Degree with a concentration in Business Administration
And/or at least 2+ years related experience.
OTHER MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Excellent verbal and written communication skills required. Proficient in the use of MS Word, MS Excel, and Outlook.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND VISUAL REQUIREMENTS:
1. Requires continuous lifting of 1 lb.-15 lbs.
2. Requires frequent lifting of 16 lbs. – 50 lbs.
3. Requires occasional lifting of 51+ lbs.
4. Continuous mental and visual attention to details.