Production Planner – 1st Shift
SUMMARY: Schedules the required materials to support the forecast, as well as schedules and coordinates the manufacturing of orders to meet customer requirements.
INITIATIVE AND INGENUITY:
1. Use of some judgment to comply with instructions, prescribed routines, methods or practices related to the daily production schedule.
2. Make suggestions regarding scheduling to ensure maximum equipment/personnel utilization
3. Provide suggestions to improve operations
1. Review production schedule on a daily basis.
2. Receive and review forecast from sales.
3. Solicit material lead-times from procurement, within agreed upon Service Level Agreement.
4. Ensure adequate flow of work and assign job priorities with departmental supervisors and lead persons.
5. Establish and communicate kit dates, build dates and ship dates.
6. Create and update work orders and communicates the changes.
7. Communicate order status and timing both internally and externally.
8. Work to ensure that orders ship on time to meet customer’s expectations.
9. Notify Purchasing, Receiving and Tool Crib of any changes to ship dates.
10. Expedite critical jobs through manufacturing and the final inspection process.
11. Smooth hours in all production areas to ensure a realistic picture of workload in the primary and secondary manufacturing areas.
1. Expedite orders and schedule changes when required.
2. Interface with production supervisors, lead persons, QC, shipping and other individuals as required.
3. Must be willing to work throughout production and perform all other related duties as required.
4. Proper handling of all material, parts and equipment to prevent damage and loss of finished product.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
1. EDUCATION: Associates Degree with a concentration in Business Administration.
2. EXPERIENCE: And/or at least 2+ years related experience.
3. LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS AND/OR REGISTRATIONS: APICS training preferred, but not required.
4. OTHER MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: Excellent verbal and written communication skills required. Proficient in the use of MS Word, MS Excel and Outlook.