$19/hr. plus depending on experience and technical qualifications.
I. JOB PURPOSE
Perform routine inspections including receiving inspection, in process inspection, first article preparation, final inspection, etc.
Perform 1st piece inspections and prepare document findings in a timely fashion
Use of various measurement equipment in a must, micrometers, calipers, optical comparators, digital height gauges, etc.,
Create, maintain and supple FAI documentation as well as maintain documentation for raw materials, parts and outside processes, generating necessary reports.
Must be able to interact with internal and external customers.
II. KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
· Must be a team oriented individual.
· Proficient in interpreting blue prints and specifications.
· Experience in Excel, Computer literacy and ERP familiarity.
· Interpersonal skills with all levels of business including customers and suppliers.
· Ability to work a flexible schedule when required-some overtime required.
· Multi-task oriented.
· Experience with operating and programming CMM, Coordinate Measuring Machine preferred.
· Experience in quality control or quality assurance preferred.
· Knowledge of geometric dimensioning preferred.
· Experience with AS9102 First Articles preferred.
III. JOB SCOPE
1. Job Complexity: Works on assignments that are complex in nature and requires considerable judgment in resolving problems. May make recommendations.
2. Supervisory Responsibility: May assist the activities of lower-level personnel.
3. Contacts/Interaction: Frequently works with peers and occasionally interfaces with management, customers, and vendors.
4. Decision Making: Has high-level decision-making responsibility. Failure to make accurate decisions or achieve results will seriously impact the overall company’s success. Has resources available to make decisions.
IV. Job Qualifications
1. Educational Background (minimum level needed to perform) and/or Previous Work Experience (minimal level years and what kind)
· High School diploma or GED preferred, or equivalent, plus 1 year or more of quality inspection experience.
· Complete understanding of blue-print reading.
· Previous experience operating or programming a CMM machine preferred.
· Previous experience maintaining quality standards, meeting, or exceeding customer specifications.
With over 90 years of customer-focused performance, our Client has evolved as a market leader in engineered rubber, plastic, metal, flexible environmental sealing & energy management solutions. This company is a unique supplier, valuing our people as our most important resource. With our best-in-class technical sales associates, sales support service teams & field application, quality, & manufacturing engineers, our Client offers total global solutions to enhance the performance & manufacturability of your products. Our cost-effective, tight-tolerance, global manufacturing capabilities ensure superior total landed cost as well as reliability throughout the product life cycle.