Quality Inspector III/Auditor
The Foundry Quality Inspector/Auditor will monitor the quality and conduct specified testing of both incoming parts and components from vendors and product made in house to insure that the product quality standards have been met.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
· Conduct quality inspections, using statistical techniques and sampling plans, of specific parts as they progress through the various manufacturing stages.
· Visual inspection of parts for surface appearance, defects in finish, burrs or flashing, or other non-conforming visual problems.
· Use various measuring equipment such as Tesa-hite and Micro Vu to measure and ensure that parts and components meet drawing, specification, or other established requirements.
· Perform and document results from detailed first article inspections.
· Perform these tasks through the use of various precision measuring tools, testing equipment and procedures.
· Conduct various tests of product and components, such as porosity, metal fatigue/stress and product performance tests to ensure quality standards are being met.
· Duties may also include responsibility for specific record keeping for the customer, pareto chart and trend chart analysis, 8D generation and management in a web-based system, customer data input and direct communication using the customers web-based supplier development system.
· Train quality inspectors on use of measuring equipment and techniques
· Ability to manage gage lab and perform gage calibration.
· Ability to adapt to changing requirements based on production needs.
· Work with engineers to resolve production issues and support manufacturing processes.
· Must demonstrate flexibility based on changing department requirements (overtime, shift coverage, etc.)
· Perform routine housekeeping to ensure area operates within parameters that conform to environmental and safety standards.
· Must wear all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and abide by safety rules.
· Must report any job-related injury and/or illness immediately to your direct supervisor.
· Must maintain attendance and punctuality standards as established by company.
· Perform other duties as may be assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
High School Diploma or GED required
4 – 5 years of related experience
Advanced blueprint reading and use of measuring tools required.
Advanced math skills required.
Some previous experience using QAD and MS Office.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, talk, and/or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, sit, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee must lift and/or move up to 35 pounds individually, 80 lbs. with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include: close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
EMPLOYEE CORE COMPETENCIES:
1. Collaborate Across Workgroup
2. Initiate Positive Change
3. Deliver High Quality Results
4. Focus on the Customer
5. Develops Self & Others