Accounts Payable Coordinator
*Located in St. Johnsbury, VT
The Accounts Payable Coordinator is responsible for timely processing of accounts payable for firm accounts and client disbursements activities. May also perform a variety of other accounting and bookkeeping duties as assigned, including, but not limited to billing and daily deposits. Communicates regularly with attorneys and staff and observes confidentiality of client and firm matters.
Essential Job Functions:
- Coordinate and process accounts payable.
- Maintain trust accounting records in accordance with the state ethics rules and firm policy.
- Scan and electronically file documents related to client advance invoices, trust activity and firm accounts payable.
- Review and ensure general ledger coding and client matter information is processed accurately.
- Coordinate and process non-billable expense vouchers.
- Research and respond to inquiries regarding accounts payable and client trust activity.
- Provide attorneys and management with accounting information as required.
- Ensure strict confidentiality at all times.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
- Proficient use of a variety of accounting software programs to perform duties and responsibilities.
- Ability to handle a high volume of transactions per month with a high level of accuracy.
- Ability to effectively interact and communicate with attorneys, secretaries, administrators, and clients.
- Operates office equipment including personal computer, copiers, fax machines and 10-key calculator.
- Effective communication, both oral and written.
- Effectively work in a team environment and provide information in a professional and customer service- oriented manner.
- Ability to multitask and complete work in a timely manner.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Ability to perform mathematical/algebraic computations.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Associates degree a plus or 5+ years equivalent experience in accounts payable or related accounting function.
- Solid math skills and a general knowledge of accounting.
- Law firm experience is a plus.
*Excellent benefits package including 401K with matching, health, dental, vision, and life.