Inside Sales Representative
PURPOSE AND SCOPE
The Inside Sales Rep provides dealer services within a specified geographic region through sales and service of key accounts, order entry, and interaction with outside sales reps or agencies.
Essential Job Functions
• Provide dealer services to accounts in territory by accurate and timely order entry, RA’s, and response to dealer inquiries, in compliance with SOP’s.
• Expand sales within a specified territory by increasing business with existing accounts and developing new business. Hit both top line sales goals and bottom-line profit goals.
• Collaborate with Sales Coordinator, in conjunction with company marketing programs and objectives, to develop topical outward sales campaigns.
• Responsible for understanding current terms and programs for specific customers, tradeshows, and special promotions and keeping those within company requirements.
• Prospect territory for additional sales opportunities.
• Oversee customer service responsibilities for all territory accounts, working with office staff to ensure quality service for customer base.
• Maintain CRM database to include customer programs, follow-up correspondence, copies of correspondence to account, and computer-generated sales analyses.
• Plan & organize sales trips and travel arrangements to achieve maximum face-to-face contact with territory accounts, efficiently utilizing travel budget and time.
• Actively participate in sales meetings.
• Familiarize sales reps with the company and products.
• Review and monitor account programs and presentations of sales reps.
• Increase knowledge of our products, and industry as well as the activities and products of our competitors.
• Establishes competitive and profitable terms of sales such as price, delivery, and payment terms.
• Provides input regarding the design of marketing materials, products, and packaging.
• Assist National Sales Manager with development & tracking of annual territory sales forecasts, as needed.
• Attend trades shows and sales events, as well as travel to accounts to make sales presentations.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent work experience.
• Outdoor industry experience preferred
• Strong computer, telephone skills, and interpersonal skills.
• Detail oriented and organized.
• Must be able to make independent decisions.
• Frequent travel is required.