Janitor – Part Time
Janitorial position perfect for the retired individual who looks to keep active or a student looking for extra money.
6 am – 10 am M – F
SUMMARY: Keep building clean and orderly condition. Perform light and heavy-duty cleaning, such as operating motor-driven cleaning equipment, mopping floors, washing walls and glass, and removing rubbish. Duties may include tending routine maintenance activities, such as checking emergency lighting, notifying management of need for repairs and additions, and cleaning snow or debris from sidewalk.
INITIATIVE AND INGENUITY:
1. Use of some judgment to comply with recognized or standard methods and procedures.
2. Provide ideas to improve operations to reduce costs and/or improve quality.
1. Maintain cleanliness of building, using acceptable methods and equipment.
2. Utilize various hand or mechanical tools to achieve desired cleanliness.
3. Maintain tools in proper condition.
4. Report any problems or issues to Supervisor.
5. Proper handling of all material, parts and equipment to prevent damage and loss of finished product.
1. Perform sweeping of all floors and surfaces on a daily basis.
2. Maintain cleanliness of all rest room facilities on a daily basis as a minimum, or as required.
3. Perform minor maintenance duties as assigned by Supervisor.
4. Maintain all public spaces in a manner to promote a proper image and presentation to visitors.
5. Maintain the appearance of the exterior of the building by removing litter and other debris.
6. Maintain all walks and driveways in a usable and safe condition during adverse weather conditions, as needed.
7. Must be willing to work throughout production and perform all other duties as required.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND VISUAL REQUIREMENTS:
1. Continuous mental and visual attention; usually repetitive work or diversified operations requiring constant alertness or activity in and around operating equipment.
2. Capable of lifting up to 50 pounds.