SUMMARY: The ideal candidate will carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company policy, OSHA regulations and applicable laws. The Maintenance Supervisor will work alongside the maintenance crew, providing assistance to help maximize production output and minimize downtime. Responsibilities include identifying maintenance needs, managing the activities of a multi-shift crew, repair and maintenance of equipment. Inspects machinery for potential problems on a daily basis. Documents problems and schedules work as appropriate. This position will develop and implement parts inventory and preventive maintenance programs and assist in the development of the continuous improvement process. Strong leadership and organizational skills required. This is a hands-on, supervisory position. Prior supervisory experience is a must.
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
1. Five years minimum leadership experience in a manufacturing environment.
2. Proven leadership skills.
3. Well-developed verbal and written communication skills.
4. Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to deal with individuals at all organizational levels.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provide leadership and direction to the maintenance team.
2. Ensure that each craftsman has the necessary skills to meet their job expectations and develop improvement programs where necessary.
3. Provide leadership in implementing/maintaining preventative/predictive maintenance programs.
4. Develop and/or maintain necessary maintenance/mechanical integrity procedures to guide plant wide maintenance efforts.
5. Develop budgets, estimating labor and materials required to properly maintain and improve the plant and operate within the budget.
6. Provide support for efficient troubleshooting and problem-solving activities relating to equipment maintenance to maximize efficiencies and limit downtime.
7. Develop, implement, and maintain a reliability improvement program.
8. Work with manufacturing departments to identify problems and develop long-term solutions.
9. Responsible for repair and maintenance of machines, tools, and equipment in the manufacturing operations.
10. Responsible for maintenance and repair of the site infrastructure.