The Plant Manager, or Operations Manager, is responsible for overseeing the operations of a manufacturing plant from coordination to overall production. Their duties include managing day-to-day operations, maintaining plant equipment, and developing strategies to create optimal plant performance.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Managing the daily operations of the plant.
- Testing plant processes and ensuring efficiency and safety.
- Assuring compliance with legal regulations.
- Maintaining necessary administrative records.
- Preparing and reviewing production reports.
- Analyzing and controlling costs and budgetary restrictions.
- Optimizing machinery and equipment with regular maintenance programs.
- Overseeing a team of plant workers.
- 5-10 years experience as a plant or operations manager.
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree a plus but not required.