This position will be responsible for “hands on” execution of Lean Continuous Improvement functions within the plant with key responsibilities in analyzing the current manufacturing state and formulating action plans through known Lean techniques, driving increases in OEE and reductions in equipment downtime
Duties and Responsibilities
- Use of lean engineering tools to craft and optimize manufacturing processes for the improvement of existing products and introduction of new ones.
- Seek improvement activities for various process issues that arise.
- Develop production cell layouts to facilitate process improvements.
- Lead capital projects. Responsibilities include machine selection, cell layout, financial justification, working with quality & product engineering to build and update control plans and engineering requirements, installation of equipment and production startup.
- Use work instruction software to develop safe and effective procedures for both new and existing processes.
- Use ERP software to compile and analyze data, update routings, and review engineering change orders.
- Trains teams in improvement processes, optimizes floor layout and material flow using lean concepts.
- Participate in Kaizen events and sustainment activities.
- Work with internal and external teams to ensure the timely delivery of high-quality products and services.
- Tracks and executes cost reduction on process improvements.
- Documents and communicates improvements in manufacturing overhead, efficiency and utilization.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s in Manufacturing, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering or related field.
- Six Sigma a plus.
- 3+ years manufacturing experience.
- Preferred experience as a Lean or Manufacturing Engineer,
- Must be punctual, reliable and have a good work ethic.
- Must be able to work independently and foster teamwork with others.
- Strong digital literacy with preferred experience using CAD/related drawing software.
- Exposure to Lean Environment or Lean Tools; Value Stream Mapping, 5S Implementation, Root Cause Analysis, FMEA.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to work in a team environment.
- Must be able to work well with operators to develop in-depth understanding of manufacturing processes.