Quality Assurance Manager
Inspects every color of every Factory PO arriving at the Distribution Center. Following schedules and references to prepare and know what should be inspected on every container before it arrives. Maintain excel file log (separate from Momentis) including specifics of each inspection. Document all defects and mispacks with digital photographs and send chargeback emails (form letter) to instigate those chargebacks.
Head the “fixit” crew when a problem arises.
• Spot inspect all orders on all container and truck shipments from the port
• Maintains inspection log including case #’s, colors, box lid dates, if there is NCG on carton, product location, and specific product comments
• Work with receiving team to locate product for inspection
• Develop and maintain a positive working relationship with our overseas offices and inspecting teams in those factories.
• Communicate alerts when problems are found
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Perform sample review, measure ESAU, for accurate HTS assignment, pertaining to duty.
• General duty answer giver supporting design and pre-production
SKILL, QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITY:
Educational and/or professional qualifications:
Associates Degree and or Education/Experience. Minimum of 3 years-experience.
Special Personal skills, qualities, aptitudes, etc.:
• Excellent skills in computer applications in Microsoft office especially Excel
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Excellent problem-solving skills
• Excellent time management skills and multi-tasking skills
Other unique aspects of the position:
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES, IF ANY
• Responsible for supervising inspecting and remediation crew.
• Coordinate, delegate and balance workload to meet receiving demands.
• Work independent of supervision in order to make the calls necessary to ensure optimum quality of product.
• Coaches, trains and disciplines receiving crew to ensure maximum effort and efficiency.
• Regularly reviews performance with direct reports including annual performance evaluations